Setting up an Amazon EC2 instance that is configured to run Magnet AXIOM Cyber may be something that you (or your IT team) has to do. And while you may have set up a EC2 instances in the past and know what you’re doing, there are certain nuances to the setup if you want to leverage the full power of running Magnet AXIOM Cyber in EC2: mainly having the ability to perform remote collections of off-network endpoints.
This practical guide will walk you through how to optimally configure an Amazon EC2 instance for AXIOM Cyber.
You’ll be given step-by-step instructions on how to set up Security Groups, get through the Amazon EC2 Instance setup wizard, and lastly, install AXIOM Cyber on your EC2 and how to remote desktop into it.
- Navigating the AWS Management Console
- Setting up Security Groups including inbound and outbound rules
- Walkthrough of setting up an EC2 Instance
- Recommendations on which Instance Types to select for your task at-hand
- Setting up AXIOM Cyber on a VM in an EC2 instance