In this solution brief, learn how Magnet AUTOMATE complements SOAR solutions to enable immediate and automatic collections and forensic processing at scale.
Benefits of Automation in DFIR
Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) use cases require the coordinated effort of people, processes, and technology. Orchestration and automation solutions can help forensics labs:
- Define and execute digital workflows;
- Increase the speed, scale, and accuracy of task execution; and
- Make optimal use of the resources that an organization already has.
Forensic Use Cases Call for a Forensics Solution
Unlike SOAR solutions for security operations, Magnet AUTOMATE is purpose-built for digital forensics use cases, orchestrating and automating workflows and employing an integrated Magnet AXIOM and Magnet AXIOM Cyber engine to increase the speed and scale of evidence collection, processing, and preservation.
However, one of the primary benefits of a SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation and Response) platform is orchestrating workflows and delegating to other point solutions to do the processing and analysis of data, whereas Magnet AUTOMATE goes beyond coordination of workflows and performs forensic processing directly, at scale—just one of the attributes that makes it very different from a SOAR.
- How the primary benefits of AUTOMATE complement SOAR solutions to create an efficient, streamlined approach from detection through to collection and deep dive analysis in AXIOM Cyber
- An example of how AUTOMATE enables a streamlined response to malware investigations when integrated with a SOAR
- Additional ways you can integrate AUTOMATE with security event platforms (e.g., Splunk Phantom), digital workflow managers (e.g., ServiceNow), extended detection and response (XDR) platforms, and Digital Loss Prevention (DLP) tools