The latest version of Magnet AXIOM Cyber, 5.2, is now available!
You can upgrade to AXIOM Cyber 5.2 in-product or over at the Customer Portal.
With AXIOM Cyber 5. 2, we’ve introduced new features like the ability to filter and search for files and folders during a remote collection; and we’ve enhanced existing ones like acquiring even more public-facing data from Facebook. And we’re releasing beta functionality, called Project Prague™, for a new feature that introduces the concept of cross-case searching and analytics.
If you haven’t tried AXIOM Cyber yet, request a free trial here.
Find the Evidence You Need Fast
When you know exactly what it is that you’re looking for during a remote collection, maybe it’s a specific file or folder and you need to search a target endpoint and collect just that, you need the right tool to do it quickly and then analyze that data alongside all your other evidence. Magnet AXIOM Cyber you now have the option to enable indexed searching and filtering of files and folders while previewing a remote endpoint during a remote collection.
Speed up your remote collections with:
- File System Index: build an index of the remote endpoint in minutes
- File and Folder Search: find all files and folders matching your search term
- Filtered Results: Apply common filters to narrow results
- Targeted Collection: Select files and folders for targeted collection
To read up about this new feature in AXIOM Cyber and how you can use it speed up your investigations, read this blog post. Watch this video to see this new and exciting feature in action and get some ideas about how you can use it to speed up your remote acquisitions!
Introducing A New Beta Feature: Project Prague™
You may find yourself in a scenario where you’re working an investigation that goes beyond the “four walls” of your company. Perhaps you’re collaborating with a third party or even a government agency. If that’s the case, evidence relevant to your case may be popping up elsewhere. This cross-case sharing of information is one way in which we’re looking to help support our customers and we’ve introduced beta functionality in Magnet AXIOM Cyber (and Magnet AXIOM for that matter too) called Project Prague, which is a new beta feature that introduces cross-case searching and analytics.
Some of the key features of Project Prague include the ability to:
- Push specific identifiers of interest to Prague database
- Track instances of this identifier across different cases
- Query all identifiers in a case so they can be matched to identifiers of interest in Prague
- Tag all hits relating to the matching identifier in a current case
- Create a report outlining all details for matched identifiers and contact information for each
If you’re interested in testing out this new beta feature and providing your feedback, visit the MAGNET Idea Lab™ and request access.
You can also read up more about Project Prague in this blog post, “Cross-Case Searching for Tagged Identifiers in Project Prague Beta,” or watch this how-to video to see it in action:
Acquire More Public Facing Data from Facebook
In AXIOM Cyber 5.1, we introduced the ability to acquire public-facing data from Facebook. Now in version 5.2, we’ve continued to build out support for this feature by adding to it!
Using any Facebook username and password an examiner can authenticate to Facebook and acquire public-facing data from Facebook including:
- Profile Information (NEW in 5.2)
- Friends list
- Public-facing posts
- Public-facing comments & replies
Data from social media can provide insight into an employee’s online presence. Whether you’re dealing with an HR investigation or trying to preserve comments or posts that an employee has made on social media, public-facing data from Facebook can help round out your investigation.
- Microsoft Office Backstage // Windows
- Zello Messages // iOS & Android
- Zello Profile // iOS & Android
- Apple Mail
- Google Photos
- LNK Files
- Outlook Emails
- Owner information
- Pictures (TIFF)
- Safari History
- Skype Activity