Your Guide to a Repeatable Process for Determining and Retrieving User Passwords
Download the white paper today!
In late 2016, Microsoft introduced a large anniversary update for Windows 10, which included changes to the standard Windows 10 login workflow. Designed to address a vulnerability that allowed malicious users to deploy a certain form of ransomware, these changes nonetheless rendered most password cracking tools useless.
Register for our white paper to learn more about:
- What the changes entailed and where password data is now located.
- How to obtain the SAM and SYTEM hives from the forensic image.
- Using MIMIKATZ to unencrypt the NTLM encrypted hash.
- How to use the AXIOM Wordlist Generator to create a dictionary file of the words contained in the case file that has been processed.
- Using hashcat to run a dictionary attack against the NTLM to recover the password
Download 4 Steps to Forensic Windows Password Cracking now!
Find the AXIOM Wordlist Generator here!