The Connected World
The wide array of connected devices in the world has led to more information being shared across networks and online than ever before. Examiners are tasked with not only finding that data, but understanding how it is all connected – and then helping others understand the evidence flow at every level.
THE AMOUNT OF DATA BEING GENERATED BY ONLINE
ACTIVITY HAS EXPLODED.
90% of the data being generated is disparate and unstructured formats like email, social networking, chat, messaging and other apps.
Which means more work for digital Forensic Examiners:
+ More Cases
+ More Computers
+ More Data
+ More Complexity
THE IMPACT OF ALL THIS INTERNET ACTIVITY ON YOUR INVESTIGATION IS CLEAR:
- Computers and connected devices have become a more relevant and important source of evidence
- The volume and complexity of the digital evidence that needs to be recovered and analyzed in a typical case is increasing year, over year, over year
What does this mean for all forensic professionals?
The Good News:
The work that you do could not be more relevant
The Bad News:
Your workload is hard to manage, the average investigation is more complex, and there are immense time pressures to turn cases around faster, without sacrificing the quality of your work
of Law Enforcement Agencies have case backlogs greater than 3 months
of Forensic Examiners do not believe that their organization has the necessary technology, staff and plans to reduce the backlog problem
SOURCE: 'Digital Forensics Survey' MaCorr Research and Magnet Forensics, April 2015
FORENSICS EXAMINERS NEED AN ALL-IN-ONE TOOL THAT OFFERS:
- The ability to automatically queue multiple acquisition and processing actions – to increase efficiencies and save time
- An end-to-end experience that brings together acquisition, processing and analysis, creating integration and a more navigable and manageable digital evidence database
- Support for a broad array of artifact types, and support for the latest versions of those apps and artifact types
- Access to file system, registry and artifacts data and trace artifact evidence to its source data efficiently for a better verification process
- The ability to present findings in a customizable way that fits their report needs and parameters.
Magnet AXIOM is a complete digital investigations platform that extracts images and then parses and carves for hundreds of artifact types. AXIOM returns industry-leading quality in artifact data. Use AXIOM’s powerful examination features to visualize, search and filter, and sort data in an examination to get to the important data quickly. AXIOM offers tagging, and commenting features for reports that everyone can collaborate on and understand.
WITH MAGNET AXIOM, YOU CAN WORK THE WHOLE CASE:
- Acquire computer and smartphone images quickly.
- Automate acquisition and processing tasks, freeing up time for deeper analysis.
- Find artifact data, file system data, and registry data, including unallocated or deleted space.
- Analyze using multiple views, filters, searches, categories.
- Link artifact data back to its file system or registry source data in seconds.
- Present your findings already in your reporting format.
AXIOM WAS BUILT BASED ON OUR CUSTOMERS’ NEEDS.
Examiners have a lot of complex work to do and AXIOM’s intuitive user interface and automated processes allow examiners to focus on analysis.
A Free Acquisition Tool
Acquire as Much data as possible
Magnet ACQUIRE maximizes the quality of content/data that can be extracted from both hard drives and smartphones, despite the challenges each one presents.
Documented Acquisition methods
Activity logging and documentation allows you to understand which acquisition methods were used and how data was extracted from each hard drive and smartphone.