Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
What we are looking for:
As our team continues to grow, we are looking for a Professional Services Consultant to provide software and hardware consultancy to customers during the implementation phase for Magnet’s suite of digital evidence tools. This will involve configuring the software, training users and providing support to the customer during the acceptance testing and as needed following the customers launch. These services will often be onsite with the customer, so this role requires someone who loves to travel for work, around 75% of the time.
- Plan, prepare and execute onsite and remote implementation and training with new and existing customers on Magnet Forensics’ suite of products
- Provide technical, business consulting and product expertise to customers enabling comprehensive solutions are being delivered to the market
- Provide direction and guidance to customers during implementation
- Follow best practices in issue resolution, managing customer expectations, and delivery solutions on complex technical issues
- Monitor project related issues and work closely with Product Management and Engineering to provide customer feedback
- Maintain high level of expertise on all Magnet Forensics products
- Facilitate technical discussions and technical solutions
- Other duties as required
- 5 years’ work experience in professional services, consulting or software services delivery
- Knowledge of network-based communications and the configuration of common networking gear
- Ability to perform server builds and configure server operation systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to identify creative solutions
- Developing and maintaining excellent client relationships
- Strong technical aptitude to learn software tools and other technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a customer first attitude
- Proven success in customer relationship building and communication
- Experience delivering technical training to various sized groups
- Ability to work remotely with efficiency and minimum supervision
- Knowledge of digital forensics and digital investigation is an asset
- 75% Travel required to meet the responsibilities of the position
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.