Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, IoT devices and the cloud.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Lawyer with software licensing and contract negotiating experience to support the legal needs of our global sales organization. As part of the Legal team, you’ll help uphold Magnet Forensics’ high ethical and corporate standards, as well as protect our intellectual property. This position will work with all levels of the company on a broad range of challenging legal matters – with a focus on IT commercial contracts, procurement-related legal matters including RFP review/negotiation, marketing collateral review, reseller agreements, and regulatory compliance.
We are looking for a friendly, motivated, hard-working, smart contracts Jedi to join us. If you are ready to take on responsibility, learn through doing, and work toward career growth, this could be the role for you!
- Review, negotiate and draft customer contracts related to software licensing, professional services and maintenance/support services; reseller contracts, and RFPs
- Negotiate and resolve customer disputes and collection matters
- Conduct research and provide legal advice regarding specific legal and/or regulatory issues
- Assist with M&A due diligence, analysis, and strategy
- Provide day-to-day legal advice with respect to company policies, business practices, and marketing activities
- Keep on top of legal, regulatory and compliance developments, as well as economic, technological and social issues, as they pertain to the digital forensics industry generally and Magnet Forensics specifically
- Communicate effectively with senior leadership and outside counsel
- Law Degree from an accredited law school (LLB or Juris Doctor)
- Licensed by the Law Society of Upper Canada to practice law as a lawyer in Ontario
- 3+ Year Lawyer with software licensing and contract negotiating experience to support the legal needs of our global sales organization
- Transactional drafting, in-house legal, and IT industry experience preferred but not required
- Prior experience successfully operating in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams
- Strong judgment, prioritization, and decision-making abilities
- Good conflict resolution and negotiating skills
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.