Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
We are proud to be ranked #9 on the 28th annual PROFIT 500, the definitive ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
How we work:
We are a dynamic team who are passionate about the work we do. We are inspired because our work makes a difference and there is a shared sense of purpose in our culture.
Our development team works in an agile environment and we operate on a fast paced model of continuous improvement. We work in cross functional teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product goals, pushing the boundaries in everything we do, to bring world class digital forensics tools to law enforcement, government agencies and corporations.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for an Internal Tools Developer to build and enhance workflow systems and tools to meet the needs of the product development team. In developing the tools to help internal users get their jobs done, you will be involved with the entire cycle of software development from planning what tools and features are needed, to designing and implementing quick and scalable solutions which accelerate the development team. You’re someone that enjoys exploring full stack depth as well as the challenge of connecting systems across a wide breadth of technology.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance process and optimization tools for the engineering team
- Develop and maintain workflow tools that bridge product development and operations teams
- Identify, propose, and implement reliable automated systems for manually repeated processes wherever they exist
- You have a degree or diploma in Software Engineering, Computer Science or other related field
- You possess solid programming skills in your language of choice (not necessarily ours) and a track record of getting stuff done
- You possess a strong understanding of the software development process and tools (source control, code review, build, package, deployment)
- You are delighted by satisfying your customers and go above and beyond to exceed expectations
- You are familiar with many of C#, Python, Powershell scripting, Bash scripting, VMWare, ESXi, Git, Gerrit, Repo, Jenkins/Bamboo, xUnit, WhiteFramework
- You are a go-getter with a self-starter attitude
- You are an out-of-the-box problem-solver who loves to solve puzzles
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at email@example.com or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.