Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, IoT devices, and the cloud.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
How we work:
We are a dynamic team who are passionate about the work we do. We are inspired because our work makes a difference and there is a shared sense of purpose in our culture.
We work in cross functional teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new goals, pushing the boundaries in everything we do to bring world class digital forensics tools to law enforcement, government agencies, and corporations.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Forensic Consultant to support our organization by advancing awareness and knowledge of industry relevant topics to our target market segments. This candidate will play a key role in helping to advance Magnet Forensics’ leadership position as an industry thought leader. You will be presented as a subject matter expert and this role will interact with all areas of our business, including marketing, sales, training, product development, and product management.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for the marketing, sales and product management teams as it relates to digital forensics
- Provide support to the Communications team by being a featured contributor to the Magnet Forensics blog and researching and writing posts and white papers on digital forensics topics
- Review and edit marketing content to ensure it resonates with the forensic professional community
- Create and present informative webinars on Magnet’s products and thought leadership content to groups of forensic professionals
- Attend trade shows to support the marketing and sales team; create and present relevant lecture topics
- Provide effective and compelling demos of Magnet products in both a one on one and group setting
- Effectively lead instructional, hands-on labs in a classroom like environment
- Provide feedback to the product marketing, product management and product development teams as it relates to shaping new products and monthly releases
- May assist Training team by creating learning manuals, presentations and related training materials to ensure materials are current with product releases
- Travel throughout North America (and occasionally Europe and APAC) to support marketing, sales and training events is a requirement
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience in market
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a digital forensics position in either corporate or law enforcement environment
- Ability to travel
- Outgoing personality; you thrive in environments where you are the subject matter expert, eager to present and share your knowledge in small or large groups
- Ability to effectively engage with customers and share your technical expertise
- Experience working with numerous digital forensics tools
- Experience in investigations and report creation
- Experience in researching forensics trends and technology
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Self-starter; comfortable with seeking out new opportunities to help advance Magnet’s position within the Forensics community
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.