Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
How we work
We are a dynamic team who are passionate about the work we do. We know what we do makes a difference and there is a shared sense of purpose in our culture.
Our Research and Development team works in an Agile environment and we work with user experiences. We operate on a fast-paced model of continuous improvement, to regularly experiment, iterate and deliver on new product goals.
- Leads software development activities – directs the design, development, testing, troubleshooting and debugging of software
- Responsible for providing direction to development staff, coordinating with all other groups involved with product development
- Leads a team of developers and testers including setting goals and mentoring team members
- Provides mentorship to employees to achieve goals in accordance with established policies
- Utilizes knowledge of technical and business drivers to define quality solutions that meet the needs of customers
- Communicate with different teams internal and/or external as needed for information required on the project
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of related work experience
- Experience in leading a small to medium sized software development team within a large multi- application team environment
- 5 years’ experience in a management role
- Excellent relational skills and leadership abilities
- Strong judgment, prioritization, and decision-making abilities
- Confirmed presentation skills and team communication
- Experience working in an Agile (SCRUM) development environment
- Partnership & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams
- Analytical skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues
- Good conflict resolution and negotiating skills
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.