Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
We are proud to be ranked #9 on the 28th annual PROFIT 500, the definitive ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
How we work:
We are a dynamic team who are passionate about the work we do. We are inspired because our work makes a difference and there is a shared sense of purpose in our culture.
Our development team works in an agile environment and we operate on a fast-paced model of continuous improvement. We work in cross functional teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product goals, pushing the boundaries in everything we do, to bring world class digital forensics tools to law enforcement, government agencies and corporations.
What we are looking for:
The Data Scientist will be a key contributor on a research team dedicated to finding customer driven data science based ways of revolutionizing how forensics is done worldwide. If you can demonstrate a proven track record of productization of models you’ve developed, including the necessary data curation, then we want to talk to you!
The exponential growth of data seen across the spectrum of daily life is making the work of people entrusted with our safely extremely difficult. The successful candidate will be leading the charge of taking the latest data science techniques and applying them in an area which has currently not been very well explored, while solving critically important problems which impact people’s lives in a very positive way.
- Be the subject matter expert guiding machine learning and deep learning model development on both the research and product teams.
- Responsible for developing new models to solve challenges in forensics, and will assist others in similar tasks
- Responsible for developing frameworks needed to develop models, these include anything from data curation, model training, to analysis and result review
- Assisting various teams with productization of machine learning models
- Responsible for developing and maintaining robust data sets necessary for creation of forensically accurate models
- Minimum 2 years’ recent experience as a Data Scientist or similar role
- Proven track record of taking machine learning or deep learning models from concept to production
- Working knowledge in the following data science areas:
- Experience in building scalable robust storage solutions for the underlying data
- Relational databases (MySQL), graph databases, Spark, Hadoop
- Computer science:
- Python libraries such as scikit, numpy, scipy, nltk
- Machine learning and deep learning libraries such as keras, tensorflow, sklearn, caffe, opencv
- General programing in C#, C++ or C
- Applied statistics, model validation and analysis
- Experienced in at least one of the following areas:
- Image classification / annotation, including image feature extraction and neural networks
- Video classification / annotation
- Text classification and natural language processing
- Experienced in at last one of the following areas:
- Regression analysis
- Reinforcement learning
- Experienced with curating and creating data used for model development
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at email@example.com or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.