With a strong commitment to helping thousands of its customers in the world’s top law enforcement, military, government and corporate organizations recover data from a broad range of Internet-related communications, Magnet Forensics (formerly JADsoftware) has launched v6.0 of its industry-leading forensic software, INTERNET EVIDENCE FINDER™ (IEF).
New features include:
- Mac OS X File System Support
- Import and process forensic images acquired from volumes and virtual machines formatted with the HFS+ and HFSX file systems
- Carving & Parsing of Mac images, including:
- Popular social networking sites, instant messenger chats, webmail, P2P file sharing apps, web browser history, pictures & videos, iOS backups and cloud artifacts
- Unique Mac artifacts supported include: iChat, Adium and Amule
- Mac “Time Machine” backup application
- Sleep Image – hibernation file (when not encrypted/compressed)
- Swap File (when not encrypted)
- Rebuild Safari webpages as they were originally viewed by the computer user
- IEF Timeline Feature
- View results in a graphical timeline with the ability to import .tln files
- Drill down to isolate webmail, chat messages, browser history and more during a specific time-frame
- Zero-in on specific dates in time, or spikes in a suspect’s online activity
- Improved Image Search Stability and Support
- Native Image support for: E01, Ex01, L01, Lx01, dd and dmg format (no mounting)
- Virtual machine image support: vmdk, vhd, vdi and xva
- Faster Search Capabilities
- Now offers multi-threaded support for multi-core processors
- Searches run 2-3 times faster on a quad-core CPU
- New Artifacts & HTML carving
- 360 Safe browser, QQ Chat, Bing Toolbar, Google Toolbar, Bing Maps, Bing Search History, Xbox IE History, Limerunner, Luckywire, and enhanced Limewire/Frostwire and Gigatribe support
- Webpage recovery/HTML carving for Craigslist Ads, Backpage Ads, Ashley Madison and Plenty of Fish
IEF software mainstays include:
- Powerful Search Capabilities: Single search for 220+ Internet artifacts
- Find Evidence Quickly: Get immediate search results, work with found data right away
- Simple to Use: Get to key evidence in 3 easy steps
- Comprehensive Reporting: Create standardized and straightforward reports
- Built-in Intelligence: Web Page Rebuilding and more
- Adheres to Industry Standards: Maintain the integrity of the case, and chain of custody
- Watch our IEF v6.0 Getting Started Walk-Through Video, or IEF Timeline Feature Video
- Visit our IEF Product Page for more info
- Register for an IEF Demo
IEF v6.0 is available today starting at $999 USD.
Existing customers with a Software Maintenance & Support (SMS) subscription can upgrade to IEF v6.0 for free by visiting our customer portal.
Customers without an SMS subscription can email email@example.com or call 519-342-0195 for pricing.
To download a FREE 30-day free trial of IEF, please Click Here.
About Magnet Forensics
Magnet Forensics (formerly JADsoftware) is a global leader in the development of forensic software that recovers data from a broad range of Internet-related communications. Our flagship product, INTERNET EVIDENCE FINDER™ (IEF) was created by a former police officer and forensic examiner who recognized the need for an easy to use, comprehensive tool to help perform digital investigations. Since its creation, IEF has quickly become a trusted solution for thousands of the world’s top law enforcement, government, military and corporate organizations – used to recover Internet evidence like social media communications, webmail, browser activity (and more) to support their most important investigations.